I have not been posting too much lately. I guess that is because I just do not have the gumption (sp?) or the ideas to talk about. I am going to try and post everyday. I need to get back to posting because it helps me get through my life. I have already established Military Monday, Wordless Wednesday & Quote of the Week. I want to include Sunday Brunch which I think will be a little recap of my week and a recipe that maybe someone might like to try.
I decided to include Angel Tuesday. Lolly Pop Kid went to heaven on a Tuesday. I know that I will never live through a Tuesday without thinking about him leaving us. That is just the way it is. I think that I will profile a child that is going to heaven or a famly that has lost a child. I know what it is like to have a lived with one that is sick with a possible terminal illness. Please pray for Sydney
There are a lot of children out there that need prayers. There are a lot of parents’ that lost their child. I just need to reach out.
So here is the recipe that I would like to share:
Chipolte Chicken with Flaming_Tequelia Pepper Salsa Avocado Ranch Dressing
- 4 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided 6 slices smoky bacon, chopped
- 2 1/2 pounds ground chicken breast
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 2 to 3 tablespoons puréed chipotles in adobo
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 quart chicken stock
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 shots tequila
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
Crushed tortilla chips, for garnish
Place a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Add the bacon to the pan and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken to the pot and continue cooking until golden brown, 5-6 minutes.
Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook until the veggies are tender, 4-5 minutes. Add the puréed chipotles, cumin, coriander, paprika and tomato paste to the pot and cook until the spices are aromatic and beginning to caramelize, about 1 minute. Add the chicken stock, some salt and pepper to the pot and bring up to a bubble. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
In the bowl of a food processor combine the avocado, buttermilk, lemon juice and chives. Process until smooth then season with salt and pepper.
Serve up the chili topped with some of the tequila-pepper salsa and avocado ranch. Garnish with some crushed tortilla chips.
All I can say is pray for us and we will pray for you. This recipe probaly seems over the top, but it is just the way I feel at this point.